Top 7 Brain Boosting Foods
Foods that help improve your overall health just taste better!
There are specific foods you can add to your diet to improve different aspects of your health. And if you’re looking to boost mental functions including memory, focus, concentration and focus, here are the top 7 foods for brain power.
1. Broccoli: All of the health benefits of broccoli aside, this tasty green veggie also packs a healthy dose of a combination of vitamin K along with a B vitamin called choline that gives broccoli it’s brain boosting ability. These vitamins aid in brain development along with strengthening existing cognitive function. Not only that but you’ll also get a dose of folate, another brain booster.
2. Walnuts: These delicious nuts contain healthy omega fats that have been shown to offer a variety of health benefits and support healthy joints, skin, hair and nails along with the communication of neurotransmitters in the brain. Not only that, but the antioxidants, omega fats, and vitamins in walnuts also help protect brain cells from oxidative damage that may improve mental functions.
3. Quinoa: This light & fluffy grain provides the glucose your brain needs to function. The complex carbohydrates contained in this great grain also offer fiber, and protein to help stabilize blood sugar levels, supplying energy for your brain. Not only that, but quinoa contains a combination of b vitamins essential for optimal brain function.
4. Red Beets: The bright red color of beets is caused by the content of the unique antioxidants called anthocyanins. These compounds help protect cells from damaging free radicals that can damage brain functions. They are also a good source of nitrates that are known to improve blood flow to the brain to offer more oxygen to the brain, improving processing and cognitive function.
5. Rosemary: This flavorful and aromatic herb has infinite health benefits. But the neuroprotective benefits are known to aid in the prevention of degenerative disorders of the brain. Studies suggest that the unique compounds found in this common herbs are able to stimulate the mind, and improve blood flow to the brain improving the amount of nutrients supplied to this important part of your body.
6. Blueberries: These delicious and colorful little berries pack a powerful antioxidant punch, but they also have been shown in studies to boost concentration and memory up to five hours up to five hours after eating them. This makes them a great afternoon snack at work. Tests showed that volunteers who drank a blueberry smoothie in the morning performed better at mental tasks mid-afternoon than those who had an alternative drink. So blended, or by the handful, blue berries are a great day time snack!
7. Avocados: Toss sweet & creamy green slices of avocado into you smoothie or on top of your lunchtime meal for a healthy dose of essential fatty acids shown to boost brain power. The omega-3 fats in avocados help to improve blood flow to the brain and promote the absorption of antioxidants in the body to help protect healthy brain cells.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *