The Dreaded Winter Weight—It’s Time to Lose It!
Winter weight can be as hard to lose as your warm & cozy sweater. But it’s time!
During the winter it’s easy to put on an extra few pounds because let’s be honest, who wants to go outside in those conditions? It’s definitely the time of year of curling up and staying in, and maybe add a little weight to your waistline. Get ready to ditch coziness and that comfy sweater for warmer weather and a hot body. Try this workout to get ready for summer! You’ll be glad you did!
All you’ll need is some free weights (5 to 15 pounds) and a yoga mat, to start loosing that winter weight. Do 12-15 reps of each exercise 3 times for a total workout about 3-4 times a week. If you’re feeling really determined to look great for summer add 30 minutes of any type of cardio with this workout.
- Plank Walkout—Get into a crouch position with your hands on the ground, but under your shoulders. Walk with your hands forward and extend the legs, ending in plank position. Slowly reverse the movement and return to the starting position. For this exercise, do as many as you can in one minute, every day for one week to start melting away winter weight.
- Opposite Arm Raise Sweep—Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees bent, holding a pair of dumbbells. Lean forward about 45 degrees from hips, and extend arms to the floor in line with chest. Without moving your torso, sweep right arm up by ear and left arm back behind body. Switch arms back and forth.
- Stepping Curl—While standing with feet hip-width apart, hold your dumbbells. Do a biceps curl with right arm, keeping elbow by side and palm facing in. Then as right arm lowers, step right foot forward and curl left arm. Step right foot back to start position as left arm lowers and right arm curls again. Remember to keep your abs tight. Each step is 1 rep.
- Side Crunch Plié—With feet wider than hips (about 3 to 4 feet apart) place your hands behind your head with your elbows bent out to the sides. Keeping abs tight lower into a plié, bending knees out over toes as you bend at waist to lower right elbow to right thigh. Return to starting position. Continue alternating sides. Both sides equals one rep.
- Elbow Plank Rotation—Start in an elbow plank position with abs tight, elbows and opposite fists pressed together, and feet hip-width apart. Rotate torso to the left, pivoting on balls of feet as left arm extends to the ceiling over shoulder. Return to starting position. Continue, alternating sides to equal one rep. To add more difficult grasp a weight as you extend your arm towards the ceiling.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *