The Amazing Avocado: This Week’s Fix Pick
Avocado isn’t just for making guacamole.
Adding avocado to your diet in any variety of ways offers your body the following nutrients to support optimal health.
1. Vitamin C is an antioxidant in avocado commonly used to boost the immune system. But this nutrient offers a wide range of benefits to your health. This nutrient is an important part of collagen production to support sound healing and skin health, along with anti-aging. It is also important to the healthy function of the eyes, and may help reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
2. Vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid works to help maintain the healthy function of the adrenal glad to reduce fatigue. It is also essential to cellular energy production, and has been shown to help maintain cholesterol levels already within normal range.
3. Vitamin B6, is another B vitamin used in the body for the production of energy. But Vitamin B6 is also used for brain functioning, synthesizing antibodies that fight infections, maintaining healthy nerve function, a good mood, the production of red blood cells, and the breakdown of proteins.
4. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant found in avocado that is used in the body to reduce the damage caused by free radicals. It also boost the functions of a healthy immune system and is essential to cell membranes. This nutrient is also known to help maintain cardiovascular function, as it promotes balanced cholesterol levels, and healthy arteries, along with blood flow.
5. Vitamin K is found in avocado, and plays an important role in maintaining strong and healthy teeth and bones, and is also a critical part of body processes. Also essential to a healthy cardiovascular system, Vitamin K2 may help reduce the risk of coronary artery problems including calcification in the arteries.
6. Potassium is an important mineral in avocado used in the body to help maintain hydration. It is also associated with healthy blood pressure levels, proper kidney function, and efficient blood flow.
7. Folate is a member of the B complex, and is commonly known as Vitamin B 12. This vitamin found in avocado is used in the body for a variety of purposes including the synthesis of DNA, cellular repair, protein metabolism, and the formation of blood cells. Folate found in avocado also help support a healthy heart, and healthy brain function including a good mood and memory.
8. Niacin, or Vitamin B3 is involved in over 50 metabolic processed in the body. Essential to the conversion of carbohydrates into energy, niacin provides energy to all cells in the body and helps to maintain optimal cellular function. This vitamin also acts as an antioxidant, helps maintain balanced blood sugar levels, and aids in the production of important hormones.
9. Riboflavin is another member of the B vitamin complex. Used in the body to breakdown foods and produce energy, this vitamin offers a variety of health benefits. As an antioxidant, riboflavin supports a healthy immune system, and also aids in the reduction of reoccurring headaches, along with playing a supportive role in the reduction of anenima.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *