How to Use At-Home Workout Equipment to Skip the Gym
At-home gym equipment is an easy way to skip a gym workout.
Sometimes going to the gym seems like the worst idea ever, and we all have those days! But you can still get a full body workout right in the comfort of your living room. It’s a great option for days that the journey to the gym sound more exhausting than the workout. Here are a few easy-to-do exercises, that work your whole body with just a few pieces of equipment.
- Butterfly Lift: Lie on your back with the outer edges of your feet on the roller. Put your soles together and bend your knees into the butterfly position. Press your feet into the roller and lift your hips to the ceiling. Hold for 5-10 seconds and then lower back to the start position. Repeat 10-12 times.
- Shell Curl: With your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor and a roller below your knees, keep your back flat and abs tight. Raise your hips and pull your knees toward your chest. Hold and then return to starting position. Repeat 10-12 times.
- Rolling Lunge: While in the lunge position, place your back foot on top of the roller and keep your leg straight. Bend your front leg at the knee and lower, while moving the foam roller up to your shin. Repeat 10-12 times.
- Backside Boost: In the push up position with shins on top of the ball lift one leg up and hold for 3 seconds. Return to plank, and then repeat on other leg for same amount of team. Do 12 reps.
- Booty Pop: Sit on ball with feet out so that shoulders are resting on top of the ball. Slowly lower hips towards the ground and hold for 1 second. Repeat 12 times.
- Tush Tightener: While standing in front of the ball, rest one foot on top of the ball. Knee should be bent and arms about your head. Keeping the other leg straight, bend at your waist and reach for your foot that’s on the ground. Return to starting position and repeat 12 times.
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing: With your feet shoulder width apart hold the kettlebell with both hands. While bending at the knees, drive the kettlebell down and in between your legs. Return the kettlebell to above your head, and repeat 10-12 times.
- Figure-8 Targets: While in a squat position, grab the kettlebell with your left hand and swing it around the outside of the left leg and back in between your legs. Pass the kettlebell to your right hand and swing it around the outside of the right leg. Continue to make the figure-8 for 1 minute.
- Russian Twist Target: Sit on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Hold the kettlebell with both hands at the chest and lean back to a 45 degree angle. Then, rotate your torso from left to right, bringing the kettlebell to each side. Repeat for 1 minute.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *