9 Ab Workouts for a Bikini-Ready Body Without Crunches
Abs that look great in a bikini start during the winter.
Who doesn’t want those perfectly sculpted abs you see gracing the covers of magazines? If you want them though, you’ve got to work for them. And you can’t have bikini ready abs unless you get started on them right now! The summer season may seem far off in the distance, but the reality is those fit, tight & toned abs take time to develop. And if you’re ready to get working on your washboard, we’ve got ab exercises you can do without having to fit 100 crunches a day into your routine to get there.
You can do these ab exercises 2-3 times a week in the convenience of your own home. Grab some dumbbells and an exercise ball, and skip the crunches.
1. Standard Plank: Start in a push-up position making sure your hands are under your shoulders. Tighten your abs, and keep the weight over your shoulders. Hold for 1 minute. Repeat 3 times in a 30 minute circuit.
2. Side Plank: Lie on one side with forearm with your elbow to support your upper body, and keep your legs straight. In the position, lift your hips off the floor. Hold for 1 minute, and then switch sides.
3. Plank Walks: In the plank position with abs tight, bend one arm to bring the elbow to the floor, bring the other arm down. Push back up to start position, and repeat. Do these for 1 minute.
4. Exercise Ball Plank: Drape your abs and hips over the ball, placing your hands on the ground in front of you. Walk out with your hands until the ball is beneath your thighs. When your body is straight, hold for 30 seconds.
5. Tone It V-Hold: With your knees bent while sitting on the floor, clasp underside of thighs. Lift feet, then straighten legs and reach for your toes. Hold for 10 seconds, and repeat 3 times.
6. Wall Sits: Stand with your back against a wall and your knees at a 90 degree angle. Use your abs to hold the pose.
7. Crazy Ivans: While sitting, bend your knees and cross your feet. Lean back and hold a dumbbell, or medicine ball, by your left hip. Rotate through the upper body to bring the dumbbell over the right shoulder, and then back down to the left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
8. Russian Twists: Similar to the Crazy Ivans, but raise feet off the floor. Focus on twisting your upper body to move your arms to the outside of one hip.
9. Ball Kicks: Lie on your back on an exercise ball with your knees bent to 90 degrees. Tighten your abs and lift your left foot off the floor. Extend your leg, and return to the 90-degree position. Alternate with each leg for 1 minute making sure your abs are tight the entire time.
Any of these great ab exercises fit into a short 30-minute workout and can help you get well on your way to that bared bikini stomach by summer! What are you waiting for?
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *