7 Natural Sore Throat Solutions
A sore throat isn’t just irritating, it can be down right painful and the first sign of an illness.
At the first signs of an infection use any one of these 7 natural sore throat remedies to reduce the pain, and irritation and reduce the duration of the oncoming illness. Alone simply mixed with water any of these top 7 will work, but you can also mix any combination of them together for maximum results.
1. Cayenne: This hot spice blends with water and lemon juice to make a sore throat elixir to speed the healing of a sore throat. The natural antioxidant properties of this pepper makes it effective for reducing congestion along with clearing out bacteria and viruses that can cause common infections.
2. Sage: This curative herb works well with a drizzle of honey in hot water to ease sore throat pain. Just steep the herb in hot water for 10 minutes and strain out the leaves. Add a touch of apple cider vinegar for added cleansing benefits as a gargle.
3. Ginger: This sweet root herb provides compounds that soothe inflamed tissues of the larynx. Mucous membranes in this area may also benefit from candied ginger candies. Ginger tea is also a great option for those with common respiratory infections, or a sore throat.
4. Water with Lemon: Just a squeeze of lemon an warm water delivers powerful anti bacterial and antioxidant properties that can help reduce the duration of a common infection. The lemon juice adds acidic properties that stimulate the flow of saliva and a pinch of sea salt can increase the acidity. Use this 3-4 times a day for maximum benefits to a sore throat.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: Bacteria and sore throat viruses run from the acidic environment that vinegar creates. Apple cider vinegar has a sweeter flavor than other varieties, so ACV makes for a gentler gargle. Use this vinegar to wipe out the organisms that lead to many common infections. Just add equal parts of vinegar to water and mix in a small cup. Use 3-4 times a day for optimal results.
6. Turmeric: A powerful antioxidant, turmeric also offers impressive anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated soft tissues of a sore throat and help speed the healing process. Add this spice as a powered or sliced root to hot water and steep for up to 10 minutes, and strain. Use 3-4 times a day for healing results.
7. Honey: Honey coats the throat and contains a variety of powerful vitamin, antioxidants and enzymes that offer powerful antibacterial abilities to help ease the inflammation of the throat. Add a touch of sweetness to any of the gargles listed above for an extra nutrient boost for immune system support. Sugarcoat warm teas with this natural sweetener to shorten the duration of common infections while soothing a sore throat.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *