6 Ways to Reach Any Goal
Goal setting is an important part of achieving any objective, but there are other things that are important to keep in mind when you set out to make a change.
Here are 6 things you can to that can help you reach any goal you have your sights on:
1. Make “Me” Time: There are only so many hours in the day, and while you cater to the needs of family, co-workers, pets and other important people and friends in your life you have to make some time that is just yours. Building a strong connection with yourself is the most important thing really, but how can you build the bond with yourself that you need to continue towards your goals if you never nurture the relationship? Make some “me” time every day with an early morning meditation practice, a yoga routine, regular cardio sessions, a hot bath or whatever else fits your fancy.
2. Eliminate Nay-Sayers: When you step out to make a change in your life there are always going to be plenty of people around who can say that you’ll never get there, that it’s not worth it, that what you’re trying to do isn’t necessary and blah, blah, blah. And while you may think that simply not listening to them will work, it can be very difficult to tune out nay-sayers. They can hurt your feelings and damage your forward progress. There are enough obstacles between where you are and where you want to go, and people in your life don’t need to stand in your way. So if they do, kiss ‘em goodbye.
3. Be Honest With Yourself: Knowing what you want to change is half the battle but you’ll never be able to figure that part out if you aren’t honest with yourself. Take some time to ask yourself what you want to achieve, who you want to become and what is really going on in every aspect of your life. Do some soul searching until you find the truth and once you have it, remind yourself of who you are so you know how to get where you want to go.
4. Set Small Goals: Reaching your ultimate goal is much easier if you set a series of small goals, and achieve them one at a time. Every small victory gets you closer to the end result and by focusing on small steps you can stay focused and motivated until you get where you are going. If you are constantly thinking about losing 100 pounds, you’ll never be satisfied with a 3-pound weight loss. However, if you only take 10 pounds at a time as a goal, then you’ll be able to celebrate every single pound you lose and keep things in perspective.
5. Make Happiness a Priority: Accomplishing a goal is a process that requires dedication and commitment. But if you are always dragging your feet or forcing yourself through the steps, it is more likely that you will slip up, and ultimately give up. Make your own happiness the top priority in making a lifestyle change so that each step towards your goal supports the most important person in your life: you.
6. Live in the Present: There is enough going on RIGHT NOW to deal with. But many times we spend our moments remembering the past, or anticipating the future. Repeating a mantra can help draw your attention back to the present moment if you find that you aren’t really present. Studies have shown that people who stay focused on even the most mundane tasks like doing dishes, are happier than those who allow their minds to wander. Try something positive like, “I am a powerful creator” to keep your mind in the present moment.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *