6 Snacks Under 100 Calories for On-The-Go Healthy Eating
Snacks on the go can leave you reaching for unhealthy food options, including processed and packaged foods if you don’t meal plan.
So here are 6 snacks you can pack before hand, so you don’t crave tempting foods just to satisfy hunger and cravings. Add these to your weekly meal plan, and save hundreds of calories.
1. Bananas & Chocolate: Toss a few bananas in the freezer and pack them along with a few squares of your favorite dark chocolate candy bar. All you’ll need to do for a mid-day energy boost loaded with antioxidant goodness, and a snack that satisfies sweet cravings with less than 100 calories is heat up the chocolate and dip away.
2. Chocolate Soy Milk: Packed with protein, and a naturally sweet & satisfying flavor, chocolate soy milk can help keep you from reaching for something to sink your teeth into. Just store a carton of your favorite brand in the fridge at work to help keep you full in between meals during your work day.
3. Cherry Tomatoes: Sweet & delicious, these tiny tomatoes offer the largest amount of an antioxidant called lycopene, found in the skin of tomatoes. Since these tittle poppers burst in your mouth with flavor, and immune boosting nutrients that also support eye health, they’re a great choice for a mid-day snack under 100 calories.
4. Sweet Potato Chips: When you just have to have something crunchy, salty and super satisfying these chips are a great go-to option. Not your average potato chip, sweet potatoes offer a healthy dose of an antioxidant called beta-carotene that is known to help stave off the premature signs of aging, and give your immune system a boost. Just remember portion control here, to keep this snack under 100 calories.
5. Pita Chips & Hummus: Creamy, crunchy and packed with protein? Sounds good! This delicious dip is made with peas and offers a satiating snack that also helps to build muscle for a leaner looking physique, and improved resting metabolism. Snack on these low-calorie pita chips with any of your favorite dips, and dressings including artichoke dip, or salsa to switch things up a bit.
6. Raw Veggie Mix: Any way you slice ‘em veggies are simply delicious, and a great option when it comes to snacks under 100 calories. You really can’t go wrong with any vegetable so aim to get a good variety of all colors of the rainbow by including celery (green), tomatoes (red), sweet bell peppers (orange or yellow), and cabbage (purple) for the widest range of nutrients. Just package them the night before for an easy snack that’s also under 100 calories.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *