5 Metabolism Tricks That Boost Your Calorie Burn
Metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories. And If you’re stuck with a slow one, you may have trouble losing weight.
However, it doesn’t have to stay that way. There are a few ways you can kick your metabolism in to high gear to maximize your weight loss efforts.
Here are a few tips to help get your metabolism out of low gear.
1. Strength Training Workouts: Metabolism that’s stuck in slow-mo doesn’t have to stay that way. Research has shown that you can trick your body into faster calorie burn if you keep hitting the gym. By doing a weight training exercise just a few times a week you can reverse about 50% of the metabolism slow down associated with aging. Professors at the University of Alabama at Birmingham encourage people to take control of their metabolism by making strength training workouts a part of their weekly workouts.
2. High Intensity Interval Training, HIIT: Go hard the next time you workout. It pays off! By doing your run, swim or walk in intervals that include high intensity portions combined with short rest periods you can increase the amount of oxygen your body uses making your cells into energy powerhouses. This makes each little cell more efficiently burn calories when you are working out, and when your body is at rest. You may find that these types of workouts are also easier to get through as you get rest periods that allow you to restore energy levels before your next burst of ramped-up intervals.
3. Eat Fat: That’s right, eat it up! Healthy fats including omega-3’s, omega-6’s and omega-9’s have been shown to amp up metabolism. Since they help to balance blood sugar levels, omega fats can also help keep hunger and cravings at bay. Not only that but essential fatty acids like these have been shown to help regulate metabolic rate and reduce inflammation that can cause a variety of health problems that can keep you from the gym. You can find these healthy fats in seeds, nuts and even in supplement form as fish oils, and more!
4. Make Time for Tea: Green tea, black tea, white tea and other varities are loaded with unique antioxidants called polyphenols that have been shown to support overall health and reduce oxidative damage caused by intense exercise. These delicious drinks also contain an active ingredient called catechins shown to crank up metabolism. Studies have shown that dieters lose more weight when they drink green tea than those who do not. These studies have suggested that it’s the catechins that improve fat oxidation and thermogenesis (energy production) in the body. Hot or cold, teas are a great source of energy and antioxidants for your healthy body.
5. Keep Up Your Calories: Skipping meals puts your body into fat storage mode and can slow your metabolism. Eating right is one of the most frustrating parts of dieting, but don’t think that by cutting calories you’re boosting fat loss results. The trick to weight loss is maintaining you body’s metabolism, and to do that you need to eat small meals every few hours.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *