3 Ultimate Leg Workouts
Legs you can show off at the beach or pool are a must-have for Springtime weather.
Try these simple 30-45 minute workouts guaranteed to get your leg muscles looking toned and ready to go for summer!
It’s important to schedule two days of concentrating on leg workouts. Like most workouts, it’s important to vary the volume and intensity of the workout in order to maximize muscle growth.
Leg Work Out #1 (30-45 minutes at the gym)
- Lunges: 5 sets of 10 reps (on each leg) with no rest between the reps and 30 seconds of rest between each set
- Squats: 5 sets of 10 reps with 1 minute of rest between each set
- Leg Curls: There are a few machines at the gym that help you do this. Try doing 5 sets of 15 reps with no rest between the reps, and a minute of rest between each set
After the tri-set move on to six sets of standing calf raises with a weight that you can do at least 20 reps with. There is a machine at the gym that is meant for this.
Leg Work Out #2 (30-45 minutes at home)
- Lunges: 5 sets of 10 reps (on each leg) with no rest between reps
- Dumbbell Squats: 5 sets of 10 reps with 1 minute of rest between each set
- Stiff Legged Dead-Lifts: 5 sets of 15 reps with no rest between each rep.
- One-Legged Dumbbell Standing Calf Raises. Do this by grasping a dumbbell in one hand to the side. With your toes and balls of feet on a calf block (or stairs at home) place your other hand on something for support. Lift other leg up and down by bending knee. The foot on the calf block is using the heel to extend the ankle as high up as possible.
Leg Work Out #3 (15 minutes at home or the gym)
This is a circuit workout where you aim to do at least 15 reps in 1 minute. Do all 5 exercises, 3 times.
- Step Up to Step Back Lunge- Face an exercise box (height of box is your choice) and bring one foot onto the box, and bend your opposite arm. Drive your weight through your lifted heel to come to standing position on the box with your other knee to waist height. Straighten bent knee and return to the ground.
- Lateral Squat- With your feet wider than shoulder width apart, squat to one side with your weight on the heel of your bent leg and keep the other leg straight. Push back and repeat, alternating sides.
- Foam Roller Leg Curls-While on your back, bend your knees and place your feet on the foam roller. Lift your hips off the floor and straighten one knee to raise leg in the air. Curl the other towards your butt and return to start position. Repeat and then switch legs.
- Squat to Lateral Step Up- Stand next to an exercise box. Squat down, and step up onto the box with your inside leg. Drive your weight down through the inside leg to come to a standing position on the box. Lift the outside knee to waist height. Repeat and alternate sides.
- Foam Roller Opposite Arm and Leg Crunch- Lay with a foam roller under your back with one arm extended above your head and the other out to the side for balance. Lift your arm from above your head towards your toes and bend the knee of your opposite leg to crunch up. Repeat and alternate sides.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *