3 Salad Recipes for Spring Eats
Salads area a delicious addition to any meal.
And with the warm Spring season approaching you’ll definitely want to try these fresh salads, loaded with flavor and more than just a few of your favorite veggies.
Spring Salad Recipe #1 – Watermelon, Heirloom Tomato and Feta Salad
Add color and spring time flavor to your meal with this fresh-tasting salad. With a mix of fresh mint, sweet basil, parsley and chives this gorgeous watermelon salad pops!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed red seedless watermelon
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed seeded yellow watermelon
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tomato, watermelon, and onion; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
Spring Salad Recipe #2 – Roasted Rhubarb Salad
Ready in minutes, this mixed green salad also offers a sweet taste from raising, along with a healthy dose of essential fats, and the refreshing flavor of goat cheese.
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss rhubarb with sugar in a medium bowl until well coated; let stand, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens; toss to coat with the dressing. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the rhubarb, goat cheese (or feta), walnuts and raisins.
Spring Salad Recipe #3 – Avocado and mango Salad with Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
Warm flavors come together with the rich taste of avocado in this springtime salad. Make this your appetizer, or a side salad or the main course.
- 3 tablespoons frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 teaspoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups herb salad mix (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large ripe mango, halved, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, sliced
Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend; gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing generously with salt and pepper. Toss salad mix in large bowl with 1/4 cup dressing. Divide salad among 4 plates. Tuck mango and avocado into salad; drizzle some of remaining dressing over mango and avocado.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *