18 Metabolism Boosting Foods for Weight Management
Metabolism that works to burn calories even when your body is at rest can help your reach your weight loss goals faster, and support long-term weight management.
Here are 18 metabolism boosting foods to add to your diet to help you reach your ultimate goal.
1. Almonds are packed with nutrients, and in a small portion. You’ll get a good amount of healthy calories, and nutritionally dense calories at that. For one serving of almonds, you’ll also get a healthy dose of protein, which builds muscle for improved energy expenditure, along with fiber to help you feel full and improve nutrient absorption to support a healthy metabolism.
2. Apples contain about 15% of your daily fiber requirements to help reduce the absorption of glucose into the blood stream, and help manage blood sugar levels. The fiber content of apples may also help you feel full.
3. Beans are loaded with fiber and protein to help you feel full, and help maintain regular digestion to help keep a healthy metabolism.
4. Berries are naturally sweet, and contain antioxidants that help keep stave off infections. But they’re also loaded with vitamins that boost metabolism along with other nutrients to support healthy body systems.
5. Broccoli contains high vitamin C content that the body needs to absorb calcium, and other nutrients. Since calcium promotes weight loss, this tasty green veggie may help burn calories.
6. Cabbage contains large amounts of vitamin B, which aid in the production of energy, and boost metabolism.
7. Coconut Oil has been shown in studies to have a positive effect on metabolism. While it is a saturated fat, it also contains a unique medium-chain fatty acid that aids in the conversion of food into energy. Coconut oil also works to improve thyroid function for a healthy metabolic rate.
8. Eggs are called a “complete” protein because they contain essential and non-essential amino acids, so they are one of the best metabolism boosting foods.
9. Ginger is a warming spice that has been used to boost metabolism, and thermogenic heat to boost fat burn. Also known to soothe the digestive system, ginger helps promote body detoxification to support overall health, and a lighter feeling.
10. Green Tea contains an antioxidant compound called EGCG, that promotes metabolic fat burning, and has been shown to help reduce fat storage.
11. Grapefruit has a variety of unique properties that promote weight loss. Packed with vitamin C, this citrus fruit may help to maintain steady insulin levels to promote weight loss, and a healthy metabolism.
12. Lemon offers a combination of enzymes and vitamin C, and helps to detoxify the liver to improve fat burning. As lemon juice cleanses the liver, metabolism works more efficiently.
13. Oats boost the metabolism due to the amounts of soluble fiber contained in oatmeal.
14. Peanut Butter contains essential fatty acids including Omega-3 and Omega-6, shown to be great metabolism boosters.
15. Spicy Peppers contain a compound called capsaicin, that sets your thermogenic furnace on high to improve metabolic calorie burn.
16. Spinach contains large amounts of B vitamins, along with a variety of minerals that support muscle function. As it aids in muscle recovery, spinach directly lead to calorie burn, even when at rest.
17. Yogurt supports a healthy digestive system because it’s loaded with calcium and protein. And it provides the energy you need to continue all day long, and build lean muscle for calorie burn.
18. Water is an essential nutrient for the whole body, and every cell. Staying hydrated can also help maintain a high metabolism, as it is needed by every body system to function optimally.
Post Your Reply
Your e-mail is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *